Actives: Valerenic acids
About: Valerian is a flowering perennial plant, which grows in various regions around the world. Valerian has been commonly used for its sleep health and mood benefits. A common issue has been its overpowering odor. To overcome this obstacle, OmniActive offers deodorized options to address the organoleptic challenges that have deterred consumer usage and/or compliance.
Health benefit categories:
- Sleep Health
MOA: Valerenic acids bind to GABA receptors, which suppresses the nervous system.
The advantage of OmniActive’s valerian:
- Complies with the EU and the US Pharmacopeia
- Meets EC guidelines requirement for pesticide and solvent residues
- The extract is free from polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon, aflatoxin, and valepotriates
- Extract processed from valerian root sourced from Europe
- Deodorized options available
Want to differentiate in a crowded marketplace? Ask us how OmniActive’s science, regulatory, and marketing expertise can help grow your business.