To our valued OmniActive partners,
To continue the fight against the spread of COVID-19, India has extended its lockdown until May 3, 2020. However, in order to mitigate public hardship, a number of key activities including agriculture and allied services, essential products, and the movement of those goods via trains, roads, seaports and air cargo will expand operations starting on April 20.
There have been great strides made through our Rapid Action Task Force to help support you during this time, and we would like to share our continued efforts:
- PLANTS: The Indian government continues to support the supply chain of essential businesses like ours and we are able to deliver on our commitments. All of our plants—Pune, Hosur, Supa, Hassan—are operational with necessary approvals. While we are currently running at reduced manpower, we are continuously increasing operational capacity in compliance with safety protocol.
- CROPS: As a vertically integrated company, we have started planting our marigold crop and continue to support our farmers.
- R&D: On April 6, our 3P partners became operational through extended permissions and our R&D plans are moving forward.
- CUSTOMS: We are working proactively and collaboratively with the Indian government and authorities to prioritize and expedite customs clearance of essential products.
- LOGISTICS: While air shipments have resumed, the airfare is almost four times higher than before. The possibility to schedule a weekly Air India flight for essential industries is being explored. Sea shipments continue to be a challenge; however, we are working diligently with port officials to overcome manpower availability for loading and unloading as well as port congestion.
In summary, we are dedicating to insulating you from risk. Our supply chain remains intact and we have deployed inventory in key regions. We continue to closely monitor the situation and will keep you aware of changes as they arise. You can reach us at email@example.com or for more information follow us on Linkedin.
Stay in, stay safe!
President, Global Business
CEO, Speciality Botanicals & Extracts